Thursday, 29 March 2007

25 Years On...

It is 25 years on Monday 2nd April since the Argentines invaded the Falkland Islands. I am sure that every day on the radio we are going to hear what happened 25 years ago on that day. There is a service on Sunday to remember the bravery of the FIDF (Falkland Islands Defence Force) members who made a stand that first day in Stanley. It will all culminate on 14th June, liberation day, which is a public holiday here. The Falkland Islands will no doubt have a higher profile at home and I would certainly appreciate any relevant newspaper articles that you can send me, thanks.

Some information about life in Stanley has recently been published on the BBC website and the link to this is below if you are interested. I know it is recent as I was at the public meeting and masked ball (pictured) and could even spot my blue mask in the background on one of the photos! More on that to follow in a later posting.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/picture_gallery/07/in_pictures_life_in_stanley/html/1.stm

No comments: